Calling all ghosts, goblins, little ghouls and boys… on October 16th, 17th, 23rd, and 24th, BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo is thrilled to be able to host their most popular family event of the year – Boo at the Zoo! This year’s event will be a little bit different than in the past. For safety purposes, pre-prepared treat bags will be available for children to pick up upon exiting the Zoo. They are still encouraging creative & fun costumes for all guests to create a merry-not-scary experience!
- Regular Zoo admission applies and admission is free for Friends of the Zoo Members. Admission gates open 9:30am – 4:00pm. Grounds close at 5 pm.
- Halloween costumes are encouraged for ALL guests.
- Traditional Fall & Halloween themed structures & pumpkins will be sprinkled throughout the zoo for festive photo opportunities.
- Holiday-themed enrichments will be provided to the Zoo’s animal friends throughout the day.
- The Zoo will offer regular café service, as well as additional vendor-sold refreshments in the Food Court.
- It’s sure to be a good time for all ages!
Saturday, October 16, 2020
Sunday, October 17, 2020
Saturday, October 23, 2020
Sunday, October 24, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How old do you have to be to trick-or-treat?
A: Treats are for children under the age of 12.
Q: Is parking free?
A: Parking is free, but the parking lot often fills up for Boo at the Zoo. Deputies will assist in directing traffic but please “bear” with them. Cars will be permitted to enter as soon as spots become available. It’s best to get there early!
Q: Is your event scary?
A: Boo at the Zoo is a merry, not scary Halloween event. The Hay Maze & other attractions are not scary and are suitable for young children.
Q: Can we bring our own snacks and beverages?
A: Outside snacks and beverages are not allowed inside the Zoo, but feel free to enjoy your Zoo favorites at the Flamingo Cafe, or try out the Food Court with everything from quesadillas and fried pickles to funnel cakes and smoothies!
You won’t want to miss this day of family fun!