I’m sad today. I needed to cancel my kid’s Birthday party because of Covid-19. I understand why. I appreciate the steps my government and my community are taking to lessen the curve of people contracting the virus. But, this still stinks. My sweet girl only turns two once and I was really looking forward to making her day special. The event coordinator in me was really looking forward to decorating and not having to clean my own house!
We were having it at Java Mama on Bluebonnet. I know she won’t remember this. I know this is more for me than her, but now I feel like I won’t be able to make it as special and that’s the part that stinks. She’s so special and deserves to be celebrated and she’s getting cheated of that. I appreciate and respect our current health situations and I’m more than willing to abide by the suggestions; but it doesn’t mean that it’s not upsetting or that we won’t miss out on important moments of life.
Coming together with friends and family, and celebrating milestones are parts of life that bring so much joy. When we celebrate together, we’re reminded that even though life can be ugly, turbulent, and difficult. Some parts really are worth celebrating. Covid-19 will impact us in ways we still don’t fully understand; both personally and environmentally. So we will do the best in following protocol. We will count our blessings and be appreciative of our health; and we will spend time with our families and make other memories that maybe weren’t attainable without being home. We soldier on when life gets complicated. Stay healthy, practice social distancing, and go make some new memories hopefully happy ones!
Baton Rouge Moms Ambassador – Courtney Cotharn-Lambert
-Wife and doula
-Mom of 2 human babies and fur mom to 3 hairy ones.
I am a Design Consultant, Event Planner, and Doula. My hope is to help a mom: plan her baby shower, design her nursery, help her during labor and birth, and lastly help plan the baby’s first Birthday. Find me online at www.courtneyaid.com
“A one stop support shop for all her baby needs.”
More posts you might find helpful:
- How To Boost Your Immune System Against Coronavirus, Flu & Cold
- Introducing Baton Rouge Virtual Playdates – Join us for some virtual fun!
- Family Night at the Museum – 12 Famous Museums With Virtual Tours
- Kids are home from school for a month, now what?
- When Social Distancing Cancels Your Kid’s Birthday Party
- Social Distancing Day in the Life – With the Whole Family Home
Baton Rouge Family Fun
Latest posts by Baton Rouge Family Fun (see all)
- Barn Hill Preserve Pumpkin Patch: Know Before You Go - October 23, 2020
- Best and Worst Halloween Candy Options for Children’s Teeth - October 16, 2020
- 2020 TRICK-OR-TREAT HOURS | Halloween Events - October 15, 2020