As you already know, events are being canceled, businesses are temporarily closing and kids are out of school for the next month. We know that school closings will cause lot of disruption and worry for some families. Baton Rouge Moms (soon to be Baton Rouge Family Fun) hopes to make the transition a little easier and a little more fun! Beginning this week, we will be partnering with local businesses and organizations to help you over the upcoming weeks – in the form of Baton Rouge Virtual Playdates!!
Many thanks to our community partners for making this project possible.
Do you have a business or organization that would like to get involved? Email Tiany at Tiany@batonrougemoms.com to let us know you are interested.
Baton Rouge Moms Virtual Playdates
We’re lining up some of your favorite small businesses, organizations and groups to lead us through daily 15-30 minute activities via video.
The Virtual Playdate videos will be available each day on our Facebook and Instagram pages. We hope that this will be a great way to keep our families engaged in the community even while practicing social distancing.
Look Forward to:
- Follow-Along Dance Lessons
- Special Character Appearances
- Study Tips for doing Schoolwork at Home
- Fun Science Experiments (Video demos you can follow along to)
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun Treats Kids Can Make at Home
- Easy Art & Craft Ideas (How to videos with these too)
- Family Challenges
- Ideas for Helping Families in need
How to Follow Along
>> Virtual Playdate videos will be posted to our Facebook and Instagram pages starting this week!
Stay tuned for all this and more in upcoming emails! Sign up to receive the emails to be notified about each days video and any prep you might need to participate.
See below for links to each day’s posts; we will add them as they are published.
More posts relating to COVID – 19
- How To Boost Your Immune System Against Coronavirus, Flu & Cold
- Family Night at the Museum – 12 Famous Museums With Virtual Tours
- Kids are home from school for a month, now what?
Latest posts by Tiany Davis (see all)
- 50 Need-to-Know Ingredient Substitutions - November 17, 2020
- What’s Happening at BREC in November – Events and Activities - November 1, 2020
- Mother Son Dance To Go – Benefiting OLOL Children’s Hospital - October 15, 2020