The holidays may have ended for some, but ours continues with Mardi Gras! It’s King’s Day and the start of the Mardi Gras season. King Cake truly is the demise of many New Year’s resolutions, but how can we resist this buttery danish pastry, sweetened with dusted sugar, icing and a plethora of flavored fillings? Not us!
We asked you to share your favorite Baton Rouge area King Cakes and you did, with over 70 recommendations! Here are the top 5 places to get King Cake according to YOU, Baton Rouge Moms! Enjoy this trail of delicious King Cakes and try them all before Mardi Gras to decide the best for yourself. 😉
Top 5 King Cakes in Baton Rouge:
- Randazzo’s King Cake – Your source for the original Randazzo family mardi gras king cake. You can get your Baton Rouge Randazzo’s at Carnival Mart off Florida BLVD and at Capital City Crawfish! “A Tradition in Baking” is what Nonna’s is all about. Every cake is “hand-braided” and baked fresh daily. Their traditional King Cake is cinnamon flavored, colored with Mardi Gras colors of purple, green and gold, iced with our just made icing and festively decorated with candy non-pariels. Each cake contains a baby. king Cakes are complemented by Cream Cheese, Strawberry Cream Cheese and Pecan Praline. They pump the filling into the braids of the cake before it is baked.
8696 Florline Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Calandro’s King Cake– With over 50 flavors, you’re sure to find the perfect King Cake at Calandro’s, learn more in the video below!
- Oak Point Fresh Market – You can stop by both Watson and Central to grab a specialty King Cake!! Baked fresh daily.
- Ambrosia & Thee Heavenly Donut tied for fourth place! Ambrosia – There are many options when it comes to The Ambrosia King Cake! The Traditional King Cake (shown here for an “In-Store Pickup”) has cinnamon and sugar inside of our family secret King Cake dough. Purchase a “Mardi Gras King Cake Kit” and take your King Cake home for the kids to decorate and have a Mardi Gras Party!
Thee Heavenly Donut – Home of the BOUDIN kingcake and Pecan praline, Banana Foster, Turtle, LA Cajun Mud, Strawberry OH MY!!!!!
- LeBlanc’s – Said to have bigger cakes with more filling, you can get your fresh Kings Cakes at all LeBlanc’s stores or have them shipped!
Honorable Mention: – Mentioned multiple times in our poll were…
Baton Rouge Family Fun
Latest posts by Baton Rouge Family Fun (see all)
- BASIS Baton Rouge Primary – Mid City – Information Session - February 15, 2021
- Zooper Birthday Parties – BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo - February 5, 2021
- Floats in the Oaks – Drive-thru Carnival attraction in City Park - January 29, 2021