I started my adventures with the Girl Scouts as a Brownie, and I can honestly say that my experiences and memories with the Girl Scouts are some of my fondest childhood memories. Likewise, some of my fellow Girl Scouts are my closest friends to this day. The reasons to open up the world of Girl Scouts to your favorite girl or girls are many, but here are ten reasons that will give you a better picture of how and why the Girl Scouts have such a positive, lasting impact on a girls life.
10 Reasons to Join Girl Scouts Louisiana East
1. Girl Scouts is girl-focused and girl-led! Girl-led activities are the secret sauce of Girl Scouting. When girls step up and take ownership of their decisions, they grow into confident leaders. As Girl Scouts get older, they are given the space and flexibility to shape their own experience and pursue activities that complement their unique interests.
2. Girl Scouts provides a judgment-free, confidence-boosting zone for self-development and growth! Offering opportunities for girls in kindergarten through 12th grade, Girl Scouts prides itself in fostering an environment that supports girls in learning new skills. Girl members feel welcomed, included, and valued.
3. Girl Scouts give back! The Girl Scouting experience is focused on growing community leaders. Girl Scouts recognize the ways in which they can support their community and they act, whether that be through volunteering or developing award-winning projects, they produce positive change.
4. Girl Scouts get outdoors! It is important to unplug and immerse yourself in nature. Girl Scouts Louisiana East has two camp properties, Camp Marydale and Camp Covington, where girls can learn outdoor skills and enjoy activities including horseback riding, archery, and camping. Learning outdoor skills helps build girls’ confidence outside and in the classroom.
5. Girl Scouts is STEM-driven. Whether she is interested in robotics, astronomy, or medicine, Girl Scouts encourages girls to explore the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
6. The sisterhood is strong and thriving! Girl Scouts – a worldwide organization – includes 2.5 million Girl Scouts (1.7 million girls and 750,000 adults) in 92 countries and more than 50 million alums. Be a part of this extensive network of female leaders!
7. You can Girl Scout from home! During the Covid-19 pandemic, Girl Scouts has stepped up to the plate, seeing the need for more virtual opportunities for girls to remain engaged and connected. Girls can meet virtually and engage in a wealth of online activities.
8. Girl Scouts are entrepreneurs! Research shows that girls are actively interested in becoming entrepreneurs, developing financially stable futures, and using their skills to make a big impact on the world. Girls gain entrepreneurial skills through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
9. Girl Scouts opens doors! Girl Scouts who choose to pursue their Gold Award say they were offered more scholarships, preferred admission tracks for college, and better career opportunities because of their Gold Award.
10. Girl Scouting is for life! Even after graduating from high school, Girl Scout alums remain connected with each other and the organization through events, volunteering, and other opportunities for involvement.
Now is a great time to join the world of Girl Scouting! Help her build courage, confidence, and character while making lifelong friendships and memories. Girl Scouts is open to all girls and adults, regardless of income. We believe every girl deserves the opportunity to experience Girl Scouting and financial assistance is available through Girl Scouts Louisiana East. Join or renew her Girl Scouts membership today at www.gsle.org/join. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.