Our family’s favorite dessert is a warm, ooey gooey, chocolate cupcake or cake. I have doctored up a few recipes and have finally found this one to be a keeper. This recipe is very chocolaty, super moist and warms up well days after the cake has been made. The key, as with any cake, is to not over cook. The sour cream does wonders to make this cake moist and somewhat dense. Bring your eggs to room temperature when baking as they mix into the flour much better, the same goes for butter. You can quickly warm eggs by placing them in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
Triple Chocolate Cake
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 to 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (dust these in flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cupcake or cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into 24 lined muffin cups or in a bundt pan.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes if making cupcakes or 40 to 45 minutes if making a bundt cake, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- I usually make a cream cheese icing or chocolate cream cheese icing or both. For the cake, I like to fill the center of the cake with fresh berries and drizzle chocolate over each layer. Once I have the fruit overflowing onto the top of the cake, I drizzle entire cake with both flavors of cream cheese frosting.
Bon Appétit & Happy National Chocolate Day!
Latest posts by Tiany Davis (see all)
- Family Fun Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt - December 19, 2020
- Hot Chocolate Bombs in Baton Rouge & DIY Recipe - December 14, 2020
- Ice Skating on the River – Raising Cane’s River Center - December 10, 2020