Bibi’s Thanksgiving Classes
Down-Home Baking- Friday, November 15 at 5:00 pm
This class is gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan (optional)
On the menu: A southern bread pudding that will have your family asking for seconds, but never second guessing if it is gluten-free. You’ll also learn how to create a sweet potato casserole topped with house made vanilla bean creme marshmallows, and a rice puff bar made with gooey caramel and an almond butter ganache. The entire dessert menu will be served with house made apple cider, red wine, white wine, filtered/sparkling water, and of course mimosas!
Come and enjoy a thorough cooking demonstration and instructional cooking class with Bibi’s head chef Hannah Ellaham-Raffel. Allow her to show you how to cook a traditional southern Thanksgiving dinner using unconventional ingredients, that will leave your family begging for more! Join Bibi’s in making a creamy green bean casserole, corn maque choux, and a cornbread dressing that is absolutely mouthwatering! Served with your choice of beverage: red wine, white wine, filtered/sparkling water, or apple cider.
Bibi’s offers classes almost every month. They’re an excellent chance to not only learn how to cook and bake gluten free, but also a great opportunity to have your questions personally answered by a well known gluten free expert.
To contact Bibi’s and register for these classes, visit their website, or call (337) 534-0173.
Bibi’s is located at 1321 W. Pinhood Rd, Lafayette, LA 70503.
Quinoa and Black Beans
Here’s a popular side recipe that would work for the holidays or any day for that matter…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and cilantro. Garnish and drizzle with lime.