It’s good to be a Louisianan! We took our third annual king cake poll to find out what YOU choose as this year’s BEST King Cake and the results are in! King Cake may be the demise of many New Year’s resolutions, but how can we resist this buttery danish pastry, sweetened with dusted sugar, icing and a plethora of flavored fillings? We can’t! Here are the best Baton Rouge king cakes according to YOU, Baton Rouge moms! Enjoy this trail of delicious king cakes, try them all to decide the best for yourself.
Best Baton Rouge King Cake – 2018
- Thee Heavenly Donut – For the SECOND year in a row, Thee Heavenly Donut takes the prize of BEST King Cake according to Baton Rouge moms!! Home of the BOUDIN kingcake and Pecan praline, Banana Foster, Turtle, LA Cajun Mud, Strawberry and famous Fried King Cakes! Thee Heavenly Donut’s mission is to offer the Best, Freshest (made daily), Handmade Donuts, Kolaches, King Cakes, Cupcakes and Specialty Cakes– all year round. Owners Kara and Shane Castille have a passion for Great Customer Service and treating their customers like family. Their products are like no other in the greater Baton Rouge area and truly believe in the quality and deliciousness of these products.
BONUS: Thee Heavenly Donut also has King Cake donuts!!
- Oak Point Fresh Market –Home of the Chantilly king cake and the Oreo Cream king cake, Oak Point Fresh Market is a family owned and operated full-service supermarket. They offer a wide variety of King Cakes baked fresh daily! Flavors include banana, Bavarian cream, Orange Dreamsicle, Pecan Praline and many more!
- Ralph’s Market -A locally owned business, Ralph’s Market offers a large selection of fresh, high-quality products that includes many grown right here in Louisiana! Also voted Best King Cake in Ascension with over 50 flavors of king cakes!!
- Calandro’s King Cake– With over 50 flavors, you’re sure to find the perfect King Cake at Calandro’s, learn more in the video below!
- Ambrosia – There are many options when it comes to The Ambrosia King Cake! The Traditional King Cake (shown here for an “In-Store Pickup”) has cinnamon and sugar inside of our family secret King Cake dough. Purchase a “Mardi Gras King Cake Kit” and take your King Cake home for the kids to decorate and have a Mardi Gras Party!
Rouses – Rouses oval-shaped king cakes are made with their exclusive gourmet cinnamon dough, iced, and sprinkled with decorative sugars in the carnival colors of purple (for justice), green (for faith), and gold (for power). Your choice of traditional or one of their tasty fillings.
More Baton Rouge Area locations to get your king cake fix:
Baums – www.baumspastries.com
Blue Rose Cafe – www.thebluerosebr.com
Gambino’s Bakery – www.gambinos.com
Harvest Market in Prairieville – www.harvestsupermarket.com/
Les Amis Bakery Shoppe – www.lesamisbakeshoppe.com
Tiger Deaux-nuts – www.tigerdeaux-nuts.com