We knew The Krewe of Parents Parade was too good to be true but this is 100% real!! The Great Trade-In event returns to Babies”R”Us and Toys”R”Us stores in February!
Toys”R”Us, announced the return of its customer-favorite “Great Trade-In” event, providing consumers with its latest call to action to rid their homes of potentially unsafe, old and secondhand baby gear and furniture in exchange for savings on a new item that meets the latest safety standards and were also giving more baby gifts. This event will take place at Babies”R”Us® and Toys”R”Us® stores nationwide beginning Monday, February 1 through Monday, February 29. And, new this year, the company’s Rewards”R”Us® loyalty members can take advantage of early access to the in-store event beginning Friday, January 29, by showing their Rewards”R”Us card during checkout.
Babies”R”Us and Toys”R”Us Great Trade-In Event
During this time, stores will accept any used cribs, car seats, bassinets, strollers, high chairs, infant swings, bouncers, travel systems, walkers, entertainers, play yards and toddler/twin beds, in exchange for a 25% discount on the purchase of a new item*, in any of these product categories. In addition, “R”Us Credit Card holders can receive 30% savings when using their “R”Us Credit Card*. Come help and contribute to the best baby cribs list. Customers who do not have an item to trade in can take advantage of a 15% discount in-store and online with a coupon available at Babiesrus.com/GreatTradeIn, beginning February 1**.
“One of our cornerstones as the world’s leading dedicated baby products retailer is our commitment to help keep kids safe. We are extremely proud that through our Great Trade-In program, we have enabled parents and caregivers to remove more than 1.1 million potentially unsafe items from the marketplace,” said Reg McLay, Senior Vice President, Babies”R”Us. “As we strive to help parents make the best possible choices as they care for their babies, we look forward to once again hosting this program at our stores nationwide. We strongly encourage parents to use this time to check their baby gear and trade in old items for new ones that meet or exceed current safety standards.”
Since its inception in August 2009, this national safety event has served to draw attention to used baby items still in circulation that are non-compliant with today’s more stringent safety requirements while continuing to raise awareness among parents and caregivers about ways to be proactive where children’s safety is concerned. Many items traded in over the past six years were missing parts or damaged, while others were decades old and showed obvious signs of wear and tear. To date, more than 1.1 million items have been removed from circulation through these efforts.
Brands participating in the Great Trade-In event include Baby Trend®, Britax®, Chicco®, Evenflo®, Graco®, Safety 1st®, Sorelle™ and more. Daycare centers or other organizations that wish to exchange items in bulk are encouraged to contact their local “R”Us® store prior to returning their used items to ensure adequate availability of new merchandise. There is no limit to the number of items a customer can trade in.
Keeping the Focus on Children’s Safety
Toys”R”Us, Inc. offers the following resources to help parents and caregivers keep their children safe:
- Dedicated Safety Site: Toysrus.com/Safety features information on the company’s industry-leading safety standards for products sold through its stores and websites, product recall information and a “Safety Experts Say” blog with advice from experts on important child safety initiatives.
- Recall Notifications: Consumers can sign up for product safety and recall alerts through Toysrus.com/Safety. Current recall information is also posted on easily visible Safety boards at each store location.
- Tools and Resources: A Product Record List and Eight Steps to Keep Kids Safe checklist are available online at Toysrus.com/Safety and in stores upon request. These tools are designed to help parents keep track of the products in use in their homes so they can act quickly to remove unsafe products from use in the event of a recall.
SOURCE Toys”R”Us, Inc.
Latest posts by Tiany Davis (see all)
- Building a better Baton Rouge by listening, learning, and growing together. - June 10, 2020
- Chalk Your Walk Baton Rouge – Spread joy and kindness! - March 21, 2020
- Louisiana Boot Trail – Sharing Hope & Cheer One Window at a Time! - March 17, 2020